Teeth cleaning is a simple and painless procedure. Basically, it is the removal of dental plaque from the teeth in order to prevent cavities, gingivitis or periodontal diseases. The dental hygienist removes the hardened deposit from the tooth surface which cannot be removed by regular brushing. The treatment is performed by using an ultrasonic instrument and thus leaving the surface of the teeth clean and smooth so that bacteria will be unable to stick on the surface.
After completing the procedure, your dental hygienist will give you a full update on your oral health. He/she will take you through any problems that may have been found and answer all your questions. Helps you to learn the appropriate way how to brush/ floss your teeth.
Ultrasonic tartar removal process
We want a plaque removal to be stress-free and, of course, painless.
- Our dental hygienist first applies a strawberry or possibly pinacolada - flavoured anaesthetic gel on the gums.
- With an intraoral camera, a pre-treatment photograph of our patient's teeth is taken. Then we analyse it on the screen, built above the dental chair.
- At the end of the tartar removal treatment, we take a photo of the teeth again, so that we can see the result and show it to you.
- The removal of tartar does not hurt, although after that the gums and teeth can be a little more sensitive, the patient may feel that our teeth have “grown”. This feeling will subside within a day.
- Teeth should be taken care off even after tartar treatment has been done. Electric toothbrush and flossing are recommended twice a day.